1. Drink at least 100 oz or water every day - When you are losing weight, the fat separates from your body. The only way you are going to remove it, is to flush it out. And that takes water. Its possible that you are losing weight, and that weight is just sitting in your body... waiting to leave. Water is SO SO SO important.
2. Never have a cheat day - This one is hard to think about. You can cheat. But, have a cheat meal... Every day and every meal counts. If you know you are going to go party with the girls.. eat a healthy breakfast. Healthy Lunch, and then have a big dinner. But NEVER cheat all day. You are working so hard... why throw it away in one day.
3. Weigh in daily at first. My My weigh in day is on Wednesday, and I was only weighing in once a week. Every Wednesday and Thursday were a party for me. I was not going to see the damage for at least 5 more days. And I had time before then to work it off. YIKES. When I started to weigh every day, I became responsible for my actions. I made smart choices. I wanted good news every morning.
4. Do not eat food after 7 pm. If you want to lose weight at all.. DITCH THE LATE NIGHT SNACKS!! Your body burns more fat when you sleep than you every will working out!!! Crazy HUH! (That's another reason why its important to get enough sleep at night.) However, you cannot burn fat when you are digesting food. You need to give your body time to digest your dinner before you go sleepy. Bob from the biggest loser says you should be a little hungry every night. If you were only going to follow one rule... this would be the one.
5. Have a weekly goal. And make it reachable. I want to weigh 136 lbs. I am 58 pounds away from there. Queue depression! Its SO overwhelming to think of that. However... If I say.. By the end of the week, I want to be 1.5 pounds less. And I work by butt off to reach that... I can feel like I am accomplishing something, and I can stay motivated to keep going. NEVER have a goal of over 2 pounds a week. its not healthy!! And its going to be almost impossible to hit that goal. If you are going to do fitness goals.. trim your time off by a few seconds.. not minutes. And only raise your weights by a lbs or two. Remember, it took you months and months, and years to become the way you are now. You are not going to become wonder woman.. super sexy by the end of the second week. Its going to take time.
6. Remember that instant gratification is not worth it. Think of the long term. Every time I want a piece of candy I have to say... Do you want to be trim and healthy and sexy, or do you want to stay the same way you are now. Chubby and not healthy.. but still sexy... And the answer is always TRIM! and Skinny and Sexy. I then say... well... you are never going to be skinny if you keep making the same choices you have always made. So I turn the cookie down.
I can tell you that its TOUGH! Every time! It has not gotten easier yet. I HATE it. But.. I want to change. I want to be better. And the candy is not going to help.
7. Eat Breakfast .. Remember how I just told you to not eat after 7 pm. Well now that its morning, and you have just burned all of that fat... your body is wondering if you are starving. Will it ever get food again?? You must eat breakfast as soon as you can when you wake up and let your body know that you have food to eat and its going to be fed. That way, it will release more fat during the day. It no longer feels the need to store all of your food as fat... You can read more about this by clicking HERE.
I promise you that if you only followed these rules you would astound yourself. You would see a change in your body. But remember... its a gradual change. So you MUST STICK WITH IT!!!
NEVER GIVE UP!
and never act like the funny lady below!!