Monday, June 11, 2012

Losing Weight is Hard to do!

I bet everyone that stumbles across this blog wants to smack me upside the head. I get a really good start, and I am so motivated for two or three days, and then it all goes down the crapper. Its so much harder than I thought it would be.

Last night as I am having a breakdown I think I might have had an epiphany. I came up with these two lists:

LIST 1: I HATE looking like I do. I HATE being insecure. I HATE wondering if my husband is attracted to me. I HATE getting dressed every morning. I HATE that clothes are getting tight on me again. I HATE being worried about pulling my shirt down to cover my rolls.

List 2: I also HATE eating healthy. I HATE getting out of bed at 5:30 to go to the gym. I HATE not getting to eat desert. I HATE watching everyone around me pig out while I pick at my veggies. I HATE always being worried about calories. I HATE how guilty I feel when I eat treats.

 If I am going to be happy, one of those lists has to go. Otherwise I am going to be conflicted, confused and miserable for the rest of my life. 

I can either be fat and eat whatever I want and learn to love a full figured me or I can eat right and work out and enjoy a smaller me.

Up until this point my brain says, I want to be skinny and my body says I want to eat yummy easy to prepare food. And cookies. Which is why I am so depressed and unhappy with myself. I cannot keep tearing myself apart. After some soul searching - Yes I really did have to sit and think about what is going to make me the happiest - I decided that I have to give up eating whatever I want, whenever I want.

I have to embrace list number two, and some how turn those hates into something I can deal with. For the next few months, I will not be able to enjoy every meal like I have been for the last few months. But the joy of getting dressed and having my clothing be loose on me, will out weight the pain I feel when I say no to the cookie.

I have heard that after you eat healthy for a while, you start to enjoy those foods and you no longer crave the other foods.  I hope that is the case, however, I am very skeptical. The only way I will really know, is to give it my best shot and buckle down and do it!

I will no longer serve two masters.  So long food! We have had 26 great years. But you are out! Its now all about me! And being happy in my skin!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment