Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Run

I got up at 5:30 today and went for a run. I live right next to a large canyon that has a running trail on it. From the top back to my house is a little under 8 miles. (Me and Noel ran this a few weekends back. Click Here to ready about it.)

Ashely wanted to go on this run with me, however she is not sure she wanted to go 8 miles. She is just starting out with running and that was too much. I wanted to run ten or eleven miles since my half marathon is coming up in two weeks, so I devised a brilliant plan. Ashley would park at the bottom of the canyon and I would pick her up and drive to the top.  This means she would run about 5 miles, and I could turn around and run back to the top to my jeep and run about 10.  Perfect plan right.. :)

Well, we do just that and we start running. I turn on my Garmin so we can track how far and how long we have been running. The run was beautiful. Huge waterfalls, a river and trees everywhere.


We get down to Ashley's car and I look at my Garmin.. Almost 6 miles. Wow... that was more than I expected. I had only prepared mental to go about 10 miles. Well.. I jogged my cute little butt back up that canyon. I did end up walking a few times, but I am ok with that.
 
  I ran a total of 11.76 miles. And I am not sore right now. Which is a good sign. As long as things keep going like they are going... I am going to be ready to rock my half marathon. Woo Hoo!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment